Scoring and Tournament of
or finished runner up in
any 2013 Open event
of Play Guidelines
to all players:
likes to play slow
golf…. and nobody admits to playing slow golf. We
are all responsible for
maintaining a good and proper pace in golf, not only
for the enjoyment of our
playing partners and ourselves, but also for the
remaining golfers who are
playing on the course. Ready golf is your
responsibility. Use your time properly
and efficiently before and as you prepare to hit
each shot. Be ready early.
of the Year.
All tournaments, (except the championship tournament), are 18 holes-entry fee is $36.00, $15.00 for prize money, $17.00 for green fees, and $4.00 for the C.V.G.A. The championship tournament entry fee is $45.00, $17.00 for entry fee, $18.00 for pay out, $4.00 to CVGA, and $6.00 to the year prizes.
1. Handicap: Your gross score, after computing the Equitable Stroke Control (ESC) will be entered to determine your handicap. Handicaps will be available at every tournament for review and also upon request of the Flight Chairman. The CVGA Tournaments are played as a handicapped stroke tournaments, divided into 5 flights according to individual handicap determined by utilizing the 7 best of the last 14 scores, on the rating of the course, and 96% of the differential of the scores used. The CVGA Tournament will operate under the USGA Rules of Golf.
2. Eligibility: Only persons with a CVGA Handicap of 5 or greater for the rating of the course being played are eligible to play in the tournament that day. If below 5 then the player must present a current home course handicap of 5 or more signed by the home course owner, pro, or manager. At that time you will be able to participate in two tournaments with the approval of the C.V.G.A. Chairman or representative.
3. Flight Handicaps: 1st - (5-9), 2nd - (10-14), 3rd - (15-18), 4th - (19-22), and 5th - (23 +)
4. Point Scoring: Points will be awarded for 1st (6), 2nd (4), 3rd (3), 4th (2), 5th (1). There will be no tie breaking during the regular Flight season. When a player moves from one flight to the next, the points earned in the flight vacated stay there. If at the end of the season the player's points in the previous flight are enough to earn an award in the flight he left, he is still eligible for that award.
5. Championship Tournament: Only players with points from the regular season may score additional points in the championship. Points earned at the Championship Tournament will be used towards the regular season pointâ€™s totals. If a golfer does not have a current CVGA handicap he or she may play in the tournament for the greens fee and CVGA fee. ($21.00) They will not be eligible for any prize money or points.
Only non-metal spikes will be used on all tournament sites.